Just as Liverpool named its airport after John Lennon, New Orleans’ gateway to the sky now bears the name of another musical giant. Like the late Beatle, Louis Armstrong put his home town firmly on the map, and his legacy will be listened to and appreciated for as long as music is played. Wherever in the world you fly from New Orleans, the name of Louis Armstrong is known, revered and respected. Here’s a selection of his greatest songs that tell you exactly why.
- Mack the Knife
- Hello Dolly
- Basin Street Blues
- C'est Si Bon
- Cheek to Cheek (Feat. Ella Fitzgerald)
- La Vie En Rose
- Blueberry Hill
- Ain't Misbehavin'
- When You're Smiling (The Whole World Smiles With You)
- Georgia On My Mind
- Gone Fishin' (Feat. Bing Crosby)
- Dream a Little Dream of Me (Feat. Ella Fitzgerald)
- When the Saints Go Marching In
- Cotton Tail (Feat. Duke Ellington)