- 180 gram audiophile vinyl
- Gatefold sleeve with 4 page booklet
- For the first time available on vinyl in Europe
- Recorded in 1964 at the Tokyo Kōsei Nenkin Kaikan, Shinjuku, Tokyo
- The Miles Davis Quintet featuring Sam Rivers, Ron Carter, Herbie Hancock and Tony Williams
Miles in Tokyo is a live album recorded on July 14, 1964, by the Miles Davis Quintet (featuring Sam Rivers, Ron Carter, Herbie Hancock and Tony Williams) at the Tokyo Kōsei Nenkin Kaikan, Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan. It is the first recording of Davis in Japan and the only album to showcase an early incarnation of his Second Great Quintet featuring Sam Rivers on tenor saxophone, following George Coleman's departure. After this, Wayne Shorter's appointment completed the classic line-up which recorded such albums as ESP and Miles Smiles, through to Miles in the Sky. The legendary Miles in Tokyo album is now available on vinyl in Europe for the first time. The heavyweight gatefold contains a 4 page-booklet glued inside, like the original 1969 Japanese LP version.